Labels

Baby (1) Environment (1) graduation (1) Life (5) Moving (1)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wrapping it Up

Happy New year, 12 days late! Next week will start the last semester of my graduate program. I will not be attending any classes but I will be working on my thesis and working for my Professor studying hydroelectric power plants. Mike has been searching for careers in Sacramento and surrounding counties like a mad man these last two weeks and we can't wait to leave Humboldt, after-all, we have worn out our welcome and I think the county is starting to tell us that. As much as we have tired to make our little place a home, we are waiting for something better to come along. The thought of having jobs and being done with school is a thought that is unmatched in my brain right now. I am prepared to stay here until I graduate in May, and I still have prior commitments here such as a thesis defense hopefully sometime in April, meetings with my boss/professor, and meetings with my committee. But overall, I would be thrilled if we moved in May, April, March! Lately, I feel like there is no world outside of my little cave of an apartment. The table and the couch have become my office, and the only words that seem to drift into my mind are about the convenience of food, quality, price, organic, expensive, local, hydroelectric power, energy usage, small hydels, India, Nigeria, China, ah! I used to have hobbies. I used to talk to friends. I used to watch movies and think only about the images on the screen and not about the loads of articles I still have to read! But that was before graduate school. The other day Mike mentioned that he might want to get his graduate degree, maybe online, and all I could do was smile and nod, while really I was thinking, NOOOOOO! Haha, in all reality, if he wanted to get his masters that would be fine, but I think we both just want stability. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...it's so close that I can feel the sun, in this case it's not a metaphor for death but a metaphor for returning to life!

No comments: